This blend is inspired by THIEVES® oil blend.
According to Young Living Oils, THIEVES® was named based on the legend of four thieves in France who used a similar blend to protect themselves while robbing victims of the plague. Whether or not the legend is true this blend includes oils with antibacterial, antiseptic, and antiviral properties.
- 70 drops clove essential oil
- 65 drops lemon essential oil
- 35 drops cinnamon essential oil
- 30 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 25 drops rosemary essential oil
- 25-30 drops total of other oils of your choice. Tea tree (melaleuca), frankincense, and lavender are all great option!
Mix oils together and shake well to mix, and shake well before each use.
Ways to use this blend:
- Add this blend to your homemade cleaning products for extra disinfecting power.
- Diffuse blend for 15-30 minutes in your home or office to help eliminate airborne bacteria.
- Put in a few drops of this oil blend in your dishwater or dishwasher to thoroughly clean dishes and eliminate odor.
- Add 4-5 drops of the oil blend to 4 ounces of water and spray where needed as a natural pest repellent.
- Place diluted oil (dilute with a carrier oil such as olive, almond, or grapeseed) and apply directly to cut/scrape or to bandages.
- Dilute with carrier oil or lotion for a homemade antibacterial cream.
Words of caution:
- Never ingest oils without consulting a certified aromatherapist.
- Keep out of reach of children (eucalyptus, specifically, can be toxic if ingested).
- Some of these oils are considered “hot” so be particularly careful if you have sensitive skin.